We take compliance seriously and maintain strict adherence to federal, state and client regulations.
Our Compliance Department conducts business in accordance with the following standards and practices to help partners and clients manage an ever-evolving regulatory landscape:
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Deceptive, Abusive Acts or Practices
- Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau standards
- U.S. Bankruptcy Code
- Federal Trade Commission Act
- Dodd-Frank Act
Alek R. Newman
Chief Compliance Officer
Our Chief Compliance Officer is Alek R. Newman. Alek (Certification No. P1603-1192) has more than five years of debt management and compliance experience, both working with debtors and financial institutions.
Have a Question or Concern?
Please fill out the complaint form with details about your question or concern. Within five business days, we will review your question or concern, connect with the applicable parties and communicate our findings via the telephone.
When filling out the form:
- Please include dates, amounts, any actions that were taken against you and the name of the company (or companies) in question.
- Do not include personal information, such as your account number, address or social security number. We may ask for this information over the phone to identify you and your account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are you a debt collector?
NorAm Debt Management, LLC, is not a debt collector and does not contact consumers to collect outstanding debt. We trade and broker debt portfolios, provide agency management services to debt issuers and buyers, and offer advisory services to debt portfolio managers.
Can I make a payment through NorAm Debt Management, LLC?
NorAm Debt Management, LLC, is not a licensed debt collector and is therefore unable to accept payments for outstanding debt. We can, however, review your account information and refer you to the appropriate organization for payment.
What if I have a question or complaint about my debt?
Call us at 888-886-6726 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. P.S.T. Monday through Friday. Our team will review your concern, investigate with the applicable parties and follow up with our findings and any relevant information.
Where can I get additional information about debt collection?
The Federal Trade Commission hosts an FAQ that explains consumer rights afforded under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
The FAQ covers relevant regulations, debt collection best practices and consumer resources.